Samantha’s Roasted Broccoli
This week was my birthday! My son, Paul, and husband, Cy, planned a barbecue with 20 people or so invited. However, just two days before the barbecue, Paul was told he had to go to Italy on business. Loved the Italy part for him but hated not having him there. Well, the party went on anyway and was lots of fun, but my son was sure missed. He and his girlfriend, Samantha, came the night before he left for Italy to do a special dinner for me. I was glad, since they weren’t going to be able to be at the barbecue. So, they did a “mini barbecue” for me that Friday night. The menu included grilled steaks with gluten-free steak seasoning, a FRESCHETTA® gluten-free pepperoni pizza, baked potatoes, gluten-free macaroons, and a relatively easy recipe Sam made for us with Broccoli. Below is the recipe she shared. I liked not only how it tasted, but also how easy and fast it was to make. So here’s Sam’s roasted broccoli recipe. Enjoy!
A sprinkle of salt
A sprinkle of pepper or to taste
Fresh minced garlic (amount to your liking). You can use garlic powder, but fresh minced is best.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut up broccoli into florets.
- Place broccoli in a bowl and coat with olive oil . The amount of olive oil will depend on your taste, but pour enough to thoroughly coat the broccoli.
- Place the broccoli in a baking dish.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss well in the baking dish.
- Bake in oven until it gets brown, approximately 20 minutes.
This quick and easy recipe is so tasty! And goes with any meal as a side dish. Enjoy!