Parmigiana di Pollo (Chicken Parmesan)
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
This recipe was a family favorite while I was growing up! I served it to my husband Cy along with friends Karie and Steve one evening, and it was great! They loved it! And I love when I spend the time creating dishes , to hear lots of Ummm’s! And I’m so full I have to take a walk. It’s a sign you did well! Thanks Karie and Steve it was fun!
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2 -inch thickness
1 large egg
1/2 cup of milk
gluten-free bread crumbs with Italian seasoning
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
8 slices mozzarella cheese (be sure it’s from a gluten-free company). You can also use a shredded mozzarella equivalent to same amount.
1-16-24 oz. of your favorite gluten free spaghetti sauce. (I use Prego)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the egg and milk with a wire whisk in a mixing bowl.
- Place gluten-free bread crumbs in a wide shallow bowl for dipping.
- Dip chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture, turning and coating thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the chicken in baking dish.
- Place two slices of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
- Pour spaghetti sauce all over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Serve with spaghetti : (refer to recipe on blog), garlic bread, and tossed salad. Enjoy!